Thursday, July 5, 2012

Heavenly Asparagus Soup with Tarragon Cream

I'm finally catching up to report on the last soup we had in June, Asparagus soup.  Unfortunately, I don't remember a lot about it.  I do remember that I liked it very much, it was quite tasty.  I believe this soup was served to just my husband, the kids did not get to partake in it.

For this soup, you heat butter in the pot, add shallots (I used  onions) and cook until tender.  You then add the asparagus and cook a little bit longer before you add your stock, seasonings, and a little bit of rice.  After bringing this to a simmer, you cook it until the vegetables are completely tender.  You then puree it in a blender or use an immersion blender.  The recipe calls for Creme Fraiche mixed with Tarragon to be added at this point but I did not use this.  We ate it as-is and it was lovely tasting as well as being a bright green, pretty soup as well.

We haven't had any Sunday Soups for a few weeks but soon I will start on the Summer section and see what yummy soups we will find there.

Pureed Asparagus soup

No comments:

Post a Comment